Friday, June 25, 2010

The necklace that started it all

This is the necklace that launched me into selling my jewelry. I was inspirted to make it when I was browsing a boutique store and saw a necklace that was relatively similar. I was shocked at how much they were asking for fake pearls and non-precious metal. I thought to myself that I could make that! This was my interpretation and I wore it to work (all proud of myself) and one of my colleagues (Emily) made a comment that she liked my necklace. I blushed and told her I made it myself. She promptly asked me if I could make three more...

This is approximately 36 inches long and sterling silver and freshwater pearls. I like that it's long because it can be worn long or doubled like in the picture and worn short. =)
www.prescription-art.com/jewelry-by-j

No comments: