Monday, April 18, 2011

Agate necklaces

This piece was my first foray into larger pieces.  When I first bought stones, I was very hesitant to buy large, bulky pieces.  First of all, because not only are they more expensive, but I thought there was a lot less you could do with them.  I happened upon this agate strand that was just beautiful in color with stones that were faceted and had rough edges.  I LOVE pieces of stones that are slightly rough cut but with some sort of faceting or buffing to pretty it up a bit.  Here is a picture of my first agate drop piece.  It sits on a long 36" double sterling silver chain (for strength, since the stone is quite heavy).




I wore the above stone to work and it was a huge hit!  I think out of the 8 or so original piece, I only have two left.  The top picture was a custom request that someone wanted with a cluster of clear quartz at the top.


If you want one of your own, please feel free to contact me, as I still have two more large agate pieces left, as well as these nice large faceted african cape amethyst stones I just recently got in!

UPDATE:  Last Agate piece left!!!
If you are interested in this piece, please email me!


No comments: